The Payroll Specialist performs payroll accounting and administrative duties to support the Payroll department including setting up necessary payroll codes, processing and auditing payroll, auditing payroll reports, and resolving payroll issues.
- Enter, prepare & distribute payroll on a weekly basis utilizing Viewpoint Construction accounting software.
- Prepare all necessary year-end internal payroll reports (workers comp reports, etc.).
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are followed.
Education and Certifications
Required: Associate’s degree in accounting/finance/related field.
Required: 2 + years of experience in payroll/accounting/finance/related field.
Functional/Technical Competency Requirements
- Knowledge of various financial systems, payroll and processes.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Basic understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Clear written and verbal communications.
- Organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
Preferred: Working knowledge of Viewpoint Construction software; In-depth knowledge of payroll processes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, office equipment or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and lift in excess of 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The employee is required to work in an indoor environment.
Send your cover letter and resume to:
Fax: (763) 262-7535