Overall responsibility of the day-to-day transactions of the department including internal financial reporting and treasury management. Supervise and direct the activities of accounts payable and accounts receivable in the regular performance of their duties in general accounting, bookkeeping, bank deposits, and reconciliations, state and local taxes, job cost reports and other reports, statistics and analyses. Coordinate the month-end close accounting work, preparation of the deliverable financial reports, and ensure compliance with GAAP and corporate policies & procedures.
- Compile monthly financial statements for all entities and ensure compliance with GAAP
- Design, implementation, and oversight of SOX compliant internal controls
- Oversight of all internal reporting (dashboard/scorecard, flash reports, job costing, division operating statements)
- Project reporting and job cost analysis
- Producing accurate job cost accounting reports and analysis
- Assist with managing the cash flow of the company
- Treasury management
- Review and authorize company disbursements
- Assist with forecasting and annual budgeting process
- Performance of special projects as delegated by CFO
- Direct and supervise the filing of all required state forms and returns such as tax forms, tax returns, licenses, etc., to remain properly qualified to conduct business in each state
- Fixed asset accounting
- Primary contact for annual financial statement audit, internal audits, and compliance audits
- Compile information for annual insurance renewal process
- Maintain working knowledge and understanding of ERP and financial reporting software
- Administer recruiting, training and supervision of all staff
- Select, train and develop subordinates for key positions
Education and Certifications
Required: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field
Required: Active CPAPreferred: MBA
Required: 2+ years public accounting experience in auditing
Required: 2+ years construction accounting experience
Preferred: Previous experience working as a Controller in a mid-large size ($500MM – $700MM) publicly held or privately held company.
Preferred: Three or more years of construction industry experience.
FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- General corporate income tax knowledge
- Supervisory experience
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Solid organizational and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to assess from both strategic and tactical perspectives
- Strong willingness to learn
- Desire to make a difference
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; working successfully with all levels of employees across the organization
- Working knowledge of Viewpoint Construction software
- SOX experience
- Change management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, office equipment or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and lift in excess of 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The employee is required to work in an indoor environment.
Minnesota Limited, LLC reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position at its discretion. The position description should not be considered all-inclusive.
Federal Labor Standards Act designation – Exempt