Operator Qualification Evaluator
The primary functions of this job are:
Oversees the Minnesota Limited Operator Qualification Training Programs. This position will lead the development and enhancement of new and existing training, evaluation and communication programs within all Operations/Divisions. The position will unify the existing programs to produce the highest standards in compliance with existing and forthcoming rules and regulations.
- Work closely with division EH&S, Operations personnel, and the Corporate Communications Department to establish Public Awareness & Operator Qualification training objectives and strategies for achieving required rules and regulations.
- Provide oversight for mandated compliance training programs to ensure training and communications are completed in compliance with regulatory requirements, established standards, and is properly documented
- Lead the planning and implementation of division and company-wide training, evaluations and communication efforts, facilitate OQ audits, evaluations and events. Compile and formulate action plan(s) for needed corrective actions, lessons learned and best practices. Provide reports for the tracking and closure of all actions.
- Provide technical and organizational support to divisions for local training and communications that includes providing assistance in the development/implementation of an effective training curriculum for employees with Operator Qualification or Public Awareness roles.
- Manage updates and Perform Annual Reviews for the Operator Qualification Plans (OQ) and other related documents. Work with clients/pipeline owners to maintain the Covered Task List.
- Maintain and grow a network of industry, agency, client and consultant Operator Qualification contacts on a corporate and division level.
- Keep abreast of industry advancements and integrate relevant advancements relating to operator qualification and public awareness practices and procedures.
- Participate in conferences/events to promote the implementation of established Best Practices throughout the company.
- Maintain thorough understanding of applicable Public Awareness and Operator Qualification regulations and ensure management is aware of compliance requirements.
- Track and interpret proposed and final regulations impacting Public Awareness and Operator Qualification programs for Minnesota Limited, LLC. Develop compliance strategies and implementation plans.
- Coordinate with IT and Corporate Communications to ensure company information and pipeline safety information is available to the general public through the company website.
- Monitor employee and contractor qualification records in ISNetWorld, Veriforce & EnergyU.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Environmental Sciences or Engineering (Preferred)
- NCCER Master Trainer/Instructor & Veriforce Evaluator (Preferred)
- 5+ years of oil industry experience (pipeline preferred) in Public Awareness & Operator Qualification applications
Functional/Technical Competency Requirements:
- Strong working knowledge of pipeline operations and regulations applicable to liquid pipelines, and gas operations.
- Thorough understanding of functions and responsibilities of all roles within the Operator Qualification and Public Awareness Programs.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively work with people of varying backgrounds at different levels of the organization.
- Able to work collaboratively with various audiences/partners to resolve issues
- Strong creativity and innovation, including excellent organization, project management and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of API RP 1161, RP 1162, 49 CFR 192 and 195.
- Must have ability to travel up to 50% of time.
Resumes and cover letters will be kept on file for 90 days. Click here to e-mail your resume and cover letter. You can also download and print an application by clicking here and then mailing it back to us at this address:
Minnesota Limited LLC.
18640 200th Street
PO Box 410
Big Lake, MN 55309
P – 763.262.7000
F – 763.262.7500