Commercial Driver in Morgantown, WV
The primary functions of this job are:
Drive tractor-trailer truck to transport products, equipment, or materials to specified destination in accordance with federal, state, laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Inspects truck before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
- Communicates with Transportation Manager to determine assignment and procure accurate permits.
- Fastens chain or binders to secure load on trailer during transit.
- Loads or unloads, or assists in loading and unloading truck.
- Notifies mechanics when services are due or repairs/adjustments are needed.
- Obtains customer’s signature on Bills of Lading.
- Inventories and inspects goods to be moved.
- Secures load using proper securement techniques with straps and chains.
- Drives tractor-trailer combination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver products, equipment, or materials, usually over long distance.
- Maneuvers truck into loading or unloading position, following signals from loading crew as needed.
- Drives truck to weigh station before and after loading, and along route to document weight and conform to state regulations.
- Maintains driver log according to DOT regulations, the FMCSR, and company guidelines.
- Operate vehicles, mechanized devices, or equipment by running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, loaders, other construction equipment.
- Document/Record information by entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Evaluate information to determine compliance with standards by using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Inspect equipment, structures, or material by inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Communicate with supervisors and peers by providing information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Perform administrative activities by performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Perform general physical activities by performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Establish and maintaining interpersonal relationships by developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid CDL
- Valid Health Card
- 5 + years’ experience as a tractor-trailer operator/CDL Driver
- Hazmat Endorsement (Preferred)
- Tanker Endorsement (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of CSA BASICs, FMCSR, and DOT Compliance (Preferred)
Resumes and cover letters will be kept on file for 90 days. Click here to e-mail your resume and cover letter. You can also download and print an application by clicking here and then mailing it back to us at this address:
Minnesota Limited LLC.
18640 200th Street
PO Box 410
Big Lake, MN 55309
P – 763.262.7000
F – 763.262.7500